Tracing the History of the Volvo Luxury Sedan Part II: The Volvo 760

This month marks the 30th anniversary of one of Volvo's most important vehicles...the 760. Introduced in 1982, the 760 was originally designed to replace the 200 series Volvo which had been in production since 1975. Strong sales of the 200 allowed it to continue on, with the 760 series being positioned as a premium model.


With a long list of standard equipment the 760 continued the tradition started by the 164, which was a reliable and comfortable large sedan with a lot of equipment for a lot less money than a modern German luxury vehicle. The 760 also had an available turbo-charged engine, a rarity in its day.


The 760 would eventually be replaced by the 960 in the early 90s. Today's Volvo S80 flagship luxury sedan can be traced to the 760, and it shares the same mission of providing luxury at a value...and of course, above all...safety.


You can find your modern Volvo luxury sedan at Lehman Volvo in York http://www.lehmanvolvoyork.com/ or Lehman Volvo in Mechanicsburg http://www.lehmanvolvo.com/

Comments

Sara said…
I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Popular posts from this blog

Lehman Volvo York’s #1 Service Department

Here is your Volvo Safety...

How do I get one of those red plates?!